Aggression, Anxiety & Behavior Modiﬁcation Services
Don’t despair, there is plenty we can do to help you and your dog have more good days together
Your dog is never too old to learn new tricks
With more than a decade of experience Leash and Learn will help you get your dog’s scary, embarrassing, frustrating, and confusing behaviors under control quickly. Whether your dog has been acting like this for a few days or a few years, it’s never too early or too late for lasting results and relief.
We’ll work as a team to solve your problems and overcome challenges.
What do you need help with?
- Barking and lunging at other dogs or people
- Problems with babies, toddlers, or kids
- Not wanting to go for walks
- Hiding behind you while outside
- Refusing brushing, nail clipping, ear cleaning or medications
- Not allowing touching or handling
- Growling at you when he’s eating
- Not allowing you to take objects away from him
- Destructive behavior
- Frequent or constant anxious behavior
- And More!
Have fewer ruff days
Training that is accessible, uncomplicated, and manageable
No matter what you are facing, you will receive nonjudgmental support, kindness, and expert guidance with Leash and Learn. We are here for you every step of the way until you get to where you want to be.
Understand what your dog is doing and why they are behaving that way.
Collaboration with vets and dog walkers
We offer collaboration with local veterinarians and dog walkers to ensure the best possible care for your best friend.
Feel supported, calm, conﬁdent and empowered
Our team of experienced trainers will provide the guidance and support you need to create a strong and positive relationship with your dog.
Establish clear rules, boundaries, and routines
Our team will work with you to develop a customized training plan that takes into account your dog's unique needs and helps you establish clear rules, boundaries, and routines while remaining kind and humane.
Reduce your dog's fear, anxiety, and stress
We will help you to identify the sources of your dog's stress and develop a plan to help them overcome their fears and anxieties.
We understand that every dog and family is different. To ensure we reach your family’s unique goals Leash and Learn develops a customized training plan to address your dog’s undesirable behaviors.
How it works
- A trainer comes to your home and meets with you once every week or two
- We answer your questions, and show you what to practice that week
- You receive detailed notes, pictures, and/or videos after every session
There is so much we can do to help
Imagine a world without limits for you and your dog
They are caring, enthusiastic and true dog lovers.“They are genuinely concerned about your dog, and will take great care of it on all walks or while pet sitting. My dog, Charlie, is always excited whenever someone from the Leash and Learn team shows up to for his walk and train. In addition, they are responsive and thoughtful with any questions that you may have, and provide helpful training advice too. Charlie has also done many overnights with Rachel, and is always well cared for (and I get lots of pictures to see while he is there too). I know that Charlie is great hands with Rachel and Leash and Learn and I would highly recommend them."
Rachel is our fairy godmother.“My husband and I are so much closer to our dog thanks to her. She has helped us understand what our dog, Sasha, is feeling by looking at Sasha’s body language and actions. We’ve worked with Rachel for over two years, and she has never missed a single training session. She is one of the most responsible, trustworthy, patient, understanding and kind people we have ever met. Most importantly, Rachel loves our dog, and our dog LOVES Rachel."
Totally recommend Leash and Learn!!“She is caring and professional and I never worry when she is with my dogs. My two rescue dogs- both of whom were aggressive- have made amazing strides because of Leash and Learn. They play with other dogs, walk up to strangers- adults and kids- all of this they couldn't do when I first got them. Rachel practices what she preaches and seems to always know how to handle a problem. She is also really responsive to calls/questions, concerns, freak outs and emergencies (real and imagined). "
Our walks have been transformed!“Before working with Leash and Learn every walk was frustrating and stressful for both Teddy and myself, full of lots of stops and starts. Now we both love going for walks and Teddy is raring to go! I feel so much more in tune with her and confident, it’s made me feel like a better dog mom. Thank you, Rachel!"
While training is highly customized to your dog and family, there is a basic framework that all clients follow when starting with training with Leash and Learn. This system sets everyone up for success and ensures better training results.
1.5 Hours - $365
Every client completes an initial evaluation.
- Meet together face-to-face
- Assess your dog’s current behavior
- Set achievable and realistic goals for your dog and your family
- Discuss follow up package recommendations
- Start training the most relevant foundation skills
- In 3-5 days you receive your training plan. It will include your notes and assessments from your evaluation and is a living document as we work together
After completion of your initial evaluation, you will receive access to two great bonuses!
- A monthly newsletter filled with all things dog, including product reviews, how-to guides, helpful tips and tricks, and announcements.
- A link for a members only section of the website where I have compiled and shared many of my favorite dog training resources.