KIDS AND DOGS SERVICES
Keep your kids, and your dog safe
Fill your home with wagging tails and happy smiles
Leash and Learn is one of only 3 trainers in Manhattan who specialize in interactions and relationships between dogs and kids. This type of training is important because it can help prevent dog bites and other negative interactions between dogs and kids, and can also help to build strong bonds between children and their dogs.
Dog training that brings everyone together
Perfect for families who need to:
Add a new dog to your family
We help you to properly introduce a new dog to your family and ensure a smooth transition for both you and your new pet.
Safely bring home your new baby
We provide guidance on how to safely introduce a new baby to your dog, as well as managing your dog's behavior and reactions during this time of adjustment.
Fix problematic interactions between your dog and your child
We provide guidance on how to manage your dog's behavior and reactions during playtime and other interactions with your child.
Foster a healthy relationship between your child and your dog
We help to create a positive and safe environment for your child and your dog.
We understand that every dog and family is different. To ensure we reach your family’s unique goals Leash and Learn develops a customized training plan to address your dog’s undesirable behaviors.
How it works
- A trainer comes to your home and meets with you once every week or two
- We answer your questions, and show you what to practice that week
- You receive detailed notes, pictures, and/or videos after every session
Move beyond traditional dog training... Create true connection
Imagine a world without limits for you and your dog
A very special way of working.“The best training is when life has not been disrupted or when more anxiety has not been added; the training Rachel provides brings calm, solid, and lasting betterment to the entire household at large. Ella is better. Miles is better. We feel stronger. Our daughter is safer. And it is through Rachel’s consistent and steady work that we have come this far without it ever really feeling like “work”.”
You will be in competent hands with Rachel.“Rachel helped me train my new puppy Willow and manage the challenge of integrating her into the life of my 9yo dog, Raffi. Rachel reassured me that Raffi’s behavior demonstrated he actually liked the puppy”
Totally recommend Leash and Learn!!“She is caring and professional and I never worry when she is with my dogs. My two rescue dogs- both of whom were aggressive- have made amazing strides because of Leash and Learn.”
While training is highly customized to your dog and family, there is a basic framework that all clients follow when starting with training with Leash and Learn. This system sets everyone up for success and ensures better training results.
1.5 Hours - $365
Every client completes an initial evaluation.
- Meet together face-to-face
- Assess your dog’s current behavior
- Set achievable and realistic goals for your dog and your family
- Discuss follow up package recommendations
- Start training the most relevant foundation skills
- In 3-5 days you receive your training plan. It will include your notes and assessments from your evaluation and is a living document as we work together
After completion of your initial evaluation, you will receive access to two great bonuses!
- A monthly newsletter filled with all things dog, including product reviews, how-to guides, helpful tips and tricks, and announcements.
- A link for a members only section of the website where I have compiled and shared many of my favorite dog training resources.